Last updated April 10, 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. may refer you to third party goods and services providers. These parties will have their own respective privacy policies independent of Inspect Building Consultants Inc. The information you provide to those third partied will be subject to those parties’ own privacy policies.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- As a User, you can visit and browse the report database without opening an account and entering personal information. You will need to open an account if you would like to download a report.
- A representative from Inspect Building Consultants Inc. or its partner may communicate with you by email, phone or text message to provide information about home inspection and real estate services or products which may interest and benefit you.
Most personal information is collected directly from you through:
- Registration for an account on the Website to enable you to use Website functions;
- Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information;
- Your information may be disclosed to (or accessible by) thirds party goods and services providers;
- We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as inspectors, contractors, agents, or sponsors, who help us manage or provide services offered on our Website;
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc., use and disclose your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing you access to restricted home inspection reports or other services we provide;
- Helping you connect with home inspectors;
- Helping you connect with real estate professionals;
- Helping you connect with a third party good and service providers;
- Managing our relationship with you;
- To manage and develop Inspect Building Consultants Inc. business and operations;
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. may communicate with you to determine whether you require additional home inspection or real estate related services from us or our partners.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. may communicate with you to provide information about other products or services which may interest and benefit to you; including discounts and other benefits from our partners;
- To administer contests, promotions or sweepstakes;
- In regard to PreInspected.com:
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our web site. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad, aggregated demographic information.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where Inspect Building Consultants Inc. is authorized or required by law to do so without consent.
- Consent may be provided registering to download reports, orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify Inspect Building Consultants Inc. that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
- You may withdraw consent at any time provided that you give reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to Inspect Building Consultants Inc. On receipt of notice of withdrawal of consent, Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include the inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
- If you do not want to receive email from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications.
- Please note that, when you submit a request for products or services, you are requesting to be (and you expressly consent to be) contacted by Inspect Building Consultants Inc., or its partners. You consent to be contacted by these parties by telephone, email, mail, text (SMS) messaging, fax, or other reasonable means at any of the residential, cell or fax phone numbers or addresses you provide, even if they are listed on a national “do not call” or “do not contact” list. You agree that these parties may contact you for the purposes of providing the products or services you have requested, marketing, addressing complaints, billing or other account-related matters, or other purposes reasonably related to the services you have requested. Your consent to receive marketing communications is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services.
Limits on Collection of Personal Information
Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will not collect information indiscriminately and will limit collection of information to that which is reasonable and necessary to provide services and which is reasonable and necessary for the purposes consented to by you. Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will also collect information as authorized or required by law.
Limits for Using, Disclosing and Retaining Personal Information
- Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above or authorized by you, and as authorized or required by law.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal, regulatory, compliance, or business purposes.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information it is using or disclosing is accurate and complete.
- If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will amend the information as required. If appropriate, Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
- When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will annotate the personal information under its control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 16. The Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 16.
Safeguarding Personal Information
- Inspect Building Consultants Inc. protects the personal information in its custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements based on the sensitivity and format of the information to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, loss, theft, or similar risks.
- Note that confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or other wireless communication.
Merger or Sale
If Inspect Building Consultants Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
Accountability & Complaints